UL-STR IS NOW UL. Our integration into the UL family of companies is complete, and this page will be moved to the Apparel and Textiles page on UL.com. Please update your bookmarks accordingly.
Apparel and textile manufacturers and retailers must not only find the best raw material at the most economical cost, but must be able to substantiate that their product meets the legal, quality, and safety requirements that regulators, consumers, and the industry demand. UL-STR’s experts stay abreast of the multitude of standards impacting textile and apparel performance, construction, composition and ecology. Our in-depth, firsthand knowledge is effectively applied to the evaluation of all types of wearing apparel, consumer fabrics, upholstery and hosiery.
UL-STR delivers quality solutions no matter where you source in the world:
- Te to AATCC, ASTM, ISO and other international standards
- Technical consultation regarding federal regulations including flammability, fiber content and care labeling
- Technical support covering product development, care label verification, fiber identification and garment and fabric construction analysis
- Specialty animal fiber identification – e.g. cashmere, alpaca, camel
- Heavy metal, azo dye and other restricted substances testing
- Garment and piece goods inspection programs performed locally in over 140 commercial centers around the world
What distinguishes UL-STR Apparel and Textile Testing:
UL-STR’s technical experts are responsive to client needs and help in resolving problems effectively. We perform correlation testing and participate in industry correlation studies to ensure our performance is consistent around the world.